Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, SAP, Clarins, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We're Looking For
Who is our ideal candidate? You’ve been working in business development for a digital marketing agency, but want a chance to sink your teeth into something fun and fresh. Your mandate will be to grow the Major Tom Marketing footprint through hunting, qualifying, relationship building, and providing digital solutions to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive with an upbeat, values-driven attitude to sell solutions-based services related to digital marketing to medium and enterprise level clients. The Account Executive will be working with a team of talented and passionate Project Managers and Strategists, and will be reporting directly to the VP Sales and Marketing.
What You'll Get To Do
- Generate net-new business and meet/exceed revenue targets
- Qualify leads through solutions-focused discoveries
- Provide strategic marketing consultations to medium and enterprise level clients
- Scope out required activities, deliverables and budgets for client project engagements
- Strategically progress leads into new business accounts
- Interact directly and with all levels of agency decision-makers and coordinators
- Respond to RFPs and prepare proposals and/or presentations to prospective clients
- Maintain client records and communication activity in Hubspot
- Stay in tune with digital industry developments
- Represent the company at social and networking functions
What Experience We’re Looking For
- Proven track record with meeting sales targets and revenue goals
- Minimum three years of experience selling solutions-based services to medium and enterprise level businesses or working in agency environment (ie. sales or account management)
- Prior experience with selling or managing digital marketing services such as strategy, marketing, development and creative is a huge asset
- Experienced with CRM software (preferably Hubspot)
- Experienced with contract negotiations, administration & management
- Experienced with preparing, pitching/presenting to C-Level executives
- Proficient with G-suite (docs, sheets, slides), Slack, Zoom, and Pandadoc
- Degree or diploma in marketing-related field preferred but not essential
What Characteristics We’re Looking For
- Active listener with excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills (ability to pitch to C-Level executives and manage various internal stakeholders)
- Curious and resourceful mindset with ability to problem-solve and critically think when a problem arises
- Exhibits maturity and self-control during conflicts or stressful situations
- Exemplifies grit and perseverance when faced with rejection
- High achiever with ability to consistently meet and exceed sales targets
- Adaptable attitude to changing priorities and expectations
- Ability to bring clarity to complex marketing challenges
- Strong business acumen and professionalism
- Ability to build effective relationships by providing exceptional customer service
- Independent self-starter with ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Positive attitude and consistently looks to add value to the team
- Organized and highly detail-oriented
- Takes ownership and accountability of tasks given to them
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it.
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals.
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency.
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done.
- Base + Commission based on net-new sales
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.