Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, Teck Resources, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We're Looking For:
We are hiring a Senior Front End Developer to join our talented web development team. The BEM naming convention is our BFF! We work together to overcome challenges and roadblocks, and find joy in crafting clean, semantic, and accessible code. If you share the same enthusiasm, please read on for more information!
We are open to applicants across Canada and the US! We have an amazing office in downtown Vancouver, and remote teams across North America.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with back end teammates to produce high end, accessible websites
- Define and document project requirements alongside UX and UI designers, other developers, and project managers.
- Develop new features and maintain existing sites that meet current development standards and site/theme structure.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3 years experience as a front end developer (preferably with experience working in an agency)
- Solid HTML5, SASS, CSS3, and responsive development skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent at writing semantic, standards-compliant HTML (accessible and SEO-friendly)
- Experience with PHP and server side templating
- Experienced WordPress developer (with custom themes and functionality. Examples required)
- A solid understanding of SEO, usability best practice and UX design
- A keen eye for detail and strong design aesthetic
What We’re Looking For:
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with BigCommerce
- Experience with three.js or WebGL
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it.
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals.
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency.
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done.
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.