At Major Tom, we know that the best results for our clients happen when Media and Creative act as force multipliers, not as siloed disciplines.
To achieve that, we’re looking for a Media Director who can work alongside both our Account Strategy Team and our Creative Team, owning the paid media side of the equation to help bring our vision to life.
As Media Director, you will be responsible for creating a centre of excellence for our media services and growing this crucial revenue hub for Major Tom. You will play a pivotal role in winning and nurturing tentpole accounts for the agency. To do that, you should be able to draw on your experience and network of vendors and contacts to ensure that the agency is optimized for efficiency and growth, while offering our clients a premium experience and service. You will need a strong background in operations and new business to help us build and strengthen our performance marketing team and processes.
This role will act as a leader to Major Tom’s Media Managers, who oversee a team of Media Strategists and Coordinators responsible for planning and executing paid media campaigns. You will report directly to the SVP Strategy.
- 6-10 years of media agency experience, with at least 5 of those years in a management role.
- Proven experience with business development, pitching, and RFP response writing.
- Ability to proactively make strategic media recommendations to clients to improve marketing performance and expand the scope of our partnership.
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable leading and speaking in client/project meetings and while pitching new business.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly while building slides and in emails to senior-level client contacts.
- Proven ability to manage and grow senior client relationships.
- Career experience developing, executing, and optimizing Go-to-Market, Evergreen, and Short-term Sales Activation campaigns for B2B and B2C clients. The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Allocate and adapt fiscal year budgets across multiple channels and campaigns.
- Optimize targeting to ensure cost-effective market reach.
- Provide recommendations for ad formats.
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization.
- Experience planning, negotiating rates, and executing with (D)OOH, Broadcast, and Sponsorship activity.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and working knowledge of GA4.
- Located in Vancouver or Toronto, with a willingness to travel across North America to meet clients both at bigger occasions and locally within your city.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Provide input and guidance to the media team when developing and executing paid media campaigns.
- Provide regular performance reports and insights to agency leadership, demonstrating the value and impact of marketing efforts.
- Build partnerships with media providers that continue to position Major Tom as a premium agency for media services.
- Take ownership of media strategies and annual planning for your own clients.
- Review reports and data to make proactive recommendations to clients on a case-by-case basis, as well as recommendations for overall reporting formats across our portfolio of clients.
- Support our business development team. This includes:
- Assisting Major Tom sales staff with initial assessments and sales meetings as required.
- Providing input into how to approach new business prospects, from initial conversations through to pricing.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches.
- Lead, grow and mentor the media team. This includes:
- Working with them to guide and support their careers.
- Setting goals and priorities for the team.
- Regularly working with them to demonstrate Major Tom’s value in the market and as a strategic consulting partner in the media sphere.
- Act as a consultant for senior clients to improve their marketing and communications.
- Shape how our agency works and evolves based on emerging technologies, platforms, and your own experience.
- Occasional travel as needed for in-person meetings to either pitch or build relationships with existing clients
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it.
- Comprehensive medical benefits from day one including a healthcare spending account and employee assistance program, so you can take care of yourself and your family.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals.
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency.
- Access to internal committees. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done.
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.